Here are reasons Why next generation app will be totally different:
1. – In few years we will be seeing ending dominance of physical routers, switches , firewall to virtual soft switches, virtual routers , software defined routers and switches. More open routing technology would be program driven rather than configuration on boxes.
Companies like application firewall maker Palo Alto Networks and virtual programmable router maker nicira have huge role to play.
its also affected by trends in Network technology
2. – in next year we will see 20+ processors on single machine making parallel processing one of important requirement. Huge software would be re written to meet this requirement.
3. The changes in business and systems are occurring very fast as system and getting more understood and cross functional due to intense competition Where only innovation can make you stay ahead of curve: Read more reasons why?
4. Cloud will increase innovation to change way we think about software:
Software As service SAAS, PAAS, IAAS going to make more deeper innovation as defined in above article (https://sandyclassic.wordpress.com/2013/07/02/data-warehousing-business-intelligence-and-cloud-computing/).
How innovation on cloud will be much quicker read :
5. Laptop will never go (large screen requirement) but Mobile will be mass platform:
As we can move we can see virtually wearable shirts made of graphene with storage and data streamed on walls .. as when we want we can just grab wall data to graphene shirts..
Read more about Graphene: https://sandyclassic.wordpress.com/2013/01/18/graphene-the-wonder-material-foldable-cell-phones-wearable-computerbionic-devices-soon-reality/
surfaces will keep emerging we would see virtually display in air without any device but what it would be added with augmented reality and virtual reality.
we can in future just stream data to wall and program on wall outside our house.
6. Internet of things : where Machine to machine transfer of information and data and semantic web will make possible more intelligent feedback to user by all devices based on user need. so when you pick up milk from shelf next time. your fridge will search for you and alert you on latest offer of cheapest milk from various retailer.
And it will be displayed on fridge itself.. not only that it would order for you when its empty if you configure so. it will calculate you calorie consumed by family of fridge item and send updates to doctor monitoring you and display return messages from doctors.
7. Sensors will be everywhere and huge and Ubiquity will rule :
Activity based accounting has changed the accounting system where even cost centre inputs to bottom line is also appreciated , calculated and accounted and apportionment is run not only to profit centre but also to cost centre.
This led to renewed influence of new cost centre based new module reporting like Human resource Accounting/Analytic ( Profit centre based system were preferred early and coast centre were neglected )which not only introduced new module in the Enterprise Resource planning ERP also changed the interlinking between modules such as Human resource management system , human resource accounting influence to General ledger and to profit and loss account.
– as each activity is apportioned into management accounting there are changes which are happening in the Analytics as more deeper ,cross functional analytic measure are used last 5 yrs leading to huge changes in business thinking for top line and bottom line growth.
– as BI becomes pervasive and ubiquitous it leads to deeper granular analysis to system thinking by lower level staff leading to bottom up innovation.
– cloud and mobility has introduced pay per use model which influenced more pervasive BI and ERP usage by all staff giving fillip to bottom up thinking. Capital expenditure changed to operating expenditure leading to more acceptability to mid size companies as well large scale companies.
– real time updates using sensor based tracking of supply chain items , stock keeping unit SKU in Retail and in-memory system (SAP HANA, Oracle Exadata, IBM Cognos TM1) making update faster and possibility of including more compressed data into primary memory for analysis.
Gamification/AJAXifying of ERP:
Adobe forms and increasing replaced SAP forms and even Oracle apps forms in AJAXified ERP systems. Augmented reality on AJAX making possible Gamification of ERP.
Have a look a t my presentation I made up quite quickly..sure there were many point but this was just 10 mins presentation.
Enterprises can be large and complex, the models associated with the discipline also tend to be large and complex.Enterprise Architecture framework help reduce this complexity by offering:
- Views : provide the mechanisms for communicating information about the relationships that are important in the architecture
- Methods : provide the discipline to gather and organize the data and construct the views in a way that helps ensure integrity, accuracy and completeness
- Training/Experience : support the application of method and use of tools
A list of ALL ENTERPRISE FRAMEWORKS…
– Business Frameworks (e.g. BMM, Six Markets, Porters 5 Forces, McKinsey 7S, etc)
– Architecture Frameworks (e.g. PEAF, MODAF, TOGAF, TEAF, IAF, Zackman etc)
– Programming Frameworks (e.g. .NET, J2EE, etc)
– Project Management Frameworks (e.g. PRINCE2, MSP, etc)
– Service Management Frameworks (e.g. ITIL, etc)
– Industry Operations Frameworks (e.g. eTOM, Pragmatic Marketing, etc)
– Any other type of framework in any other domain so long as it is related to an ENTERPRISE.
There is endless list of model basically modeled around either Zackman or TOGAF.
Like this one for security. Building Security In Maturity Model. The BSIMM is a study of real-world software security initiatives organized so that you can determine where you stand with your software security initiative and how to evolve your efforts over time.
then like sharewood which like modeled on zackman
Ubiquity in next frontier where software is moving what are important characteristics of ubiquitiy
If we see here how different stack are built over a period of time For instance: Oracle Stack from storage using sun technology and data base oracle in middleware: Oracle fusion middleware, Operating system solaris, and hypervisor..to ERP solutions like peoplesoft, Sielble, and Oracle financials and retail apps..On all these areas solutions should work across what was missing was communication piece for which also Oracle acquired lots of communication companies…Now Same way
Microsoft Stack: Windows OS server /networking , HyperV hypervisor,SQL server database, biztalk middleware,MSBI Bi, dynamics as ERP with financial/CRM etc module..there is PAAS which can leverage this all across Called Azure..now software are cutting these boundaries..
If we take definition of Ubiquitous computing it collective wisdom of moving toward miniaturization, inexpensive, seamlessly integrated and wireless networked devices working on all daily use items and objects like watch to fridge etc..same vision on which long back
all models of ubiquitous computing share a vision of small, inexpensive, robust networked processing devices, distributed at all scales throughout everyday life and generally turned to distinctly common-place ends.We have ambient intelligence which are aware of people needs by unifying telecom,networking and computing needs creating context aware pervasive computing. On back hand where we have all the data stored in cloud storage ..we have integrated stack..not every component of stack needs to talk to this new ubiquitous computing devices and software.
what technologies are colliding there:
Data communications and wireless networking technologies: moving towards new form of devices sensitive to environment and self adjusting , without wire connecting to each other creating meshup network. drive towards ubiquitious computing is essential to networks drive towards wireless networking.
Middleware: We have PAAS PlAform As Service in cloud mere all miniaturized device have limited storage will store data. To leverage this data as well to work all across the virtualization like we have Microsoft azure as discussed above and Oracle fusion middleware
Real-time and embedded systems: all real time messages needs to captured using Real time OS RTOS and passed to devices to interactivity with outside world dynamic.
Sensors and vision technologies: Sensors sense and pass information important part of ubiquitous computing.sensors in fridge senses out of milk and starts interacting with mobile to sent information to retail store to send delivery (its a typical example).
Context awareness and machine learning: device is aware whether its near to bank or near to office or police station and start reacting to relevant application this is geolocation..going deep watch when we go inside water start beaming depth from the river ded comes out and shows time..on same display device.is context aware..still when it goes near to heat heat sensor sends temperature to display.
Information architecture: huge data will be generated from this network now this data needs to be analysed depending on its type its storage ans retrival architecture varies..big data will not stored same way RDBMS is stored.
Image processing and synthesis: and bio metric devices needs to get image of the to authenticate and send information. Image processing algorithm like edge detection algorithm will run over this huge data to get view..like satellite data captured and fed into edge detection algorithm to find water bodies using huge variation in reflectance level as we move from sand to water..
There wold be huge usage of there in next generation BI systems.
So tools like uBIquity will make difference in future:
As BI becomes pervasive everyone would surely want to use it.. its natural evolution process for and user to get attracted to BI system where user can create his own query to find result..as it become pervasive ti would enter into every device and here were it will strat interacting with ubiquity…ubiquity is future in BI.