- 1. TableauServerConfiguration Setup Adminusername andpassword NT Domain/username Data Connection:
- 2. TableauServerpanel:Youcan see the leftside menuforAdminpanel Settingsare self descriptive : EmbeddedCredentialswill allowpublisherstoattachpasswordsto publishedworkbooksthatwillautomaticallyauthenticate webusers. You can setup sites,users,Site users,projects,data connection,schedule,Tasks,etc.. Reportshelpanalyze Administrationtasks.
- 3. Sessionactivity,DetailedUserActivity Performance Of Requests
- 4. Statusof backgroundtasks Chart : Space usedby user We will setupprocedure: Development:Tableaudesktopdevelopreportsandkeeppublishingto Developmentsite
5. Testing:Whendevelopmentisfinishedandreportsare readyfor testing.Published(Tobe testedversion to testsite). TableauUser Password Name Testuser Any Password TestUser Dev User Dev password Dev user I have segrated acess to dev / admin on UI Install Tableau desktop on another machine or virtual machine TableauDesktop: Tableau Desktop 1 IP Address Username Tableau Server Configuration: 1. Segregated access to Dev/Test / Admin on Tableau Server UI: Test User: Viewer Acess Development User: Publish Acess. 2. Separate Site for Test and Development User. Dev:http:///t/Dev/view/projects
Test: http:// <IP address>/t/Test/view/project
- 3. Password has been mailed to user separately.
- 4. encapsulate IP address with domain name (For which we need to…
View original post 25 more words